Micro-Enterprises are small organisations that are run by 1-8 people who deliver local services to individuals in the community
- they provide personal, flexible and responsive support and care
- they give local people more choice and control over the support they receive
- they offer an alternative to more traditional services
Micro-Enterprises are a mix of voluntary and chargeable services including support services, lunch clubs, leisure activities, accompanied visits to medical appointments, sensory clubs, befriending, gardeners and handymen.
Why choose a Micro-Enterprise?
- They offer a wide range of services often with flexible and personalised support
- They are run by local people for local people on a very small scale
- The can offer support at times and ways that suit you
- They are committed to supporting people to live the lives they want
- They are competitively priced
- They will have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check where appropriate
- They have Public Liability Insurance
- They have other insurance where required
- HMRC registration (if they charge for services)
- Will conform to any regulations applicable for the service they offer
All service providers will be happy to provide their documentation on request and prospective customers are encouraged to ask for sight of these.
Many Micro-Enterprises can be found on the Thurrock Stronger Together Directory – search for what you need and location in the search button on the home page