Community Led Support is the new approach to Adult Social Care being introduced initially to the Tilbury and Chadwell area (including East Tilbury, West Tilbury and Linford)
How will it work?
People living in Tilbury, East Tilbury, West Tilbury, Linford and Chadwell will be offered the opportunity to have a face to face discussion with a member of the team in a convenient location close to where they live
What are the benefits of our new approach?
- To bring adult social care out in to the community
- More accessible support for people
Tailored solutions for people – e.g. finding activities and organisations in the local area that can help achieve the things that matter most to them
How can the team be contacted?
- Call Thurrock First 01375 511 000
Why is this service not available across the whole Borough?
This is a new approach and we are introducing it to one part of the Borough first. This does not affect our ability to provide people living elsewhere with access to social care when required.
If and as the approach is successful we will broaden it to other areas in the Borough.
‘Talking Shop’ sessions
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have temporarily cancelled all our face-to-face Talking Shop sessions in the community.
Online ‘Talking Shop’ sessions
As part of a trial scheme for residents of Aveley, Purfleet-on-Thames and South Ockendon, we’re offering online advice sessions where you can talk with us about adult social care and support that may be available where you live.
If you live in one of these areas and think that you or a person you know could benefit from some support, you can join our online ‘Talking Shop’ sessions for free.
Sessions are held every Tuesday and Thursday, from 10am to 11am, using a secure online service called ‘Microsoft Teams’. If you haven’t used Microsoft Teams before, you can find out more in the guidance below.
How to join a Talking Shop using Microsoft Teams
You can use Microsoft Teams to join an online Talking Shop sessions using either a desktop computer, or a mobile tablet or smartphone.
Using a desktop computer:
- click on one of the button links above to join a session
- if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app on your computer, the session will open there automatically
- if you don’t have the app on your computer, a web page will display where you can choose to join the session either by using your web browser or by downloading the app
Using a mobile device:
- select one of the button links above to join a session
- if you already have the Microsoft Teams app on your device, the session will open there automatically
- if you don’t have the app on your device, you’ll be taken to the app store for your type of device, where you can download the app
It’s best to download the app before a session starts as it may take a minute or two to install.
If you have a Microsoft Teams account, select ‘Sign in and join’ to access all its services. If you don’t have an account, select ‘Join as a guest’ and enter your name. You may join the meeting right away or may have to wait for us to let you join.
For more information, go to Microsoft: join a meeting in Teams.