Within Thurrock (and throughout the UK) there is a real move towards services being led by the needs and wishes of the people that use them. Whether self-funding or paying for services via a Direct Payment, local people are increasingly asking for a real choice of flexible, tailored services that will support them to:
- live independently at home
- live a full life and keep well
- get around in their community and go shopping have meals, go to lunch clubs…. and a whole lot more
Part of the solution is Micro-Enterprises. These are very small services run by 1-8 people that can deliver these services to people in the local community.
- provide personal, flexible and responsive support and care
- give local people more choice and control over the support they get
offer an alternative to more traditional services
The following list(s) detail voluntary and chargeable services that are available to local people that provide various types of support and care. Micros already up and working in Thurrock include care and support services, lunch clubs, leisure activities for people with dementia, accompanied visits to medical appointments, sensory clubs, befriending services and more in development.
If you are interested in using a particular service, please:
- Make contact with the provider
- If chargeable, the provider will advise you of the cost of the service
- Services can be self-funded or a Direct Payment can be used to pay for the service (providing it meets assessed needs on your care and support plan)
To view a full up to date list of Micro-Enterprise’s in Thurrock search for a Micro-Enterprise in this Directory.
Some Micro-Enterprise services are chargeable. Please enquire with the provider as to rates charged
Micro Enterprise Booklet
Use the filter in the top left hand side to select the type of Micro you are looking, search a micro name in the right hand search bar or print the full list!