Well Homes are looking at improving your health and wellbeing through your housing conditions.
The service is open to all residents living in the private sector, owner occupiers and private renting. That said we have a focus on the vulnerable in the community:
- Older people aged 65 years and over
- With long term health conditions – mental health, a respiratory, cardiovascular conditions on a low income
- People with disabilities
- Young children
- Pregnant women
The aim of the service is make residents feel warmer, safer and healthier at home. This is done by :-
- Help with boiler repairs or replacements or new installs
- Help with cavity wall and loft insulation
- Help with essential repairs
- Handyman and gardening services
- Installation of smoke detectors and security lights
- Health & Lifestyle advice – We can put them in touch with a range services that can improve the quality of their life e.g. stopping smoking, weight management, free NHS health checks, etc.
- Benefit maximisation